The only impossible journey is the one you never begin. -Anthony Robbins

This is my journey...

I find myself in a blessed place...a happy place. I, by no means, have arrived. I am enjoying the journey. This blog is a culmination of what I have learned and am learning still.

I am a gratefully spoiled wife and a joyful homeschooling Mom of two wonderful boys. I tutor during the school term as I work a part time job and work on my associates degree in nutrition. I make time to regularly exercise and savor healthy, mostly whole, traditional foods. I've discovered so much by observing, reading, and studying.

Life has not always been pleasant. I have had struggles same as most everyone else. At times I felt so broken. Faith, family, and friends helped me overcome with joy. So, here I am: grateful, joyful, blessed!

This blog journals my continued journey: physical, scholastic, homeschooling, personal growth, etc... Maybe my journey will encourage you in yours.

Know your why...

"If you don't know your why, you won't do your what."

Set your goals. Also, list why you have those goals. Put both where you will see them every day.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

On my Sunday...

I decided to watch something educational and based in nutrition while my hubby was involved in other activities. I chose "Forks Over Knives". As you can tell by the title, this movie is about the health benefits of a plant-based diet. It's a documentary style movie. It is definitely very biased against meat, but the information about eating a whole foods, plant-based diet is based in well researched information. My mindset has been that a whole foods diet is the best diet to eat. I do not know that I want to be a vegetarian. However, I think I could definitely eat less meat for my health.
The movie isn't exciting, but is eye-opening. A lot of the information I had already covered in some of my college courses. It was worth watching. I found the movie on Netflix.
The movie is filled with clinical study information and follows several people with extreme health issues. Some had heart attacks and were told there was nothing else they could do. Some were on five or more medications given no hope to live without them. The person commentating felt he was okay but was addicted to Red Bull and other caffeine. He discovered his health was below par and he tried the whole foods, plant-based diet for several weeks. All the people followed benefited greatly from the plans they were put on. No meds,...all food...real...whole...plant....food.
Forks Over Knives has a website with vegetarian recipes. There is even an app for $4.99 that I have on my iPhone app wish list.
I recommend watching "Forks Over Knives" if you are looking for information to drastically change your health for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment