The only impossible journey is the one you never begin. -Anthony Robbins

This is my journey...

I find myself in a blessed place...a happy place. I, by no means, have arrived. I am enjoying the journey. This blog is a culmination of what I have learned and am learning still.

I am a gratefully spoiled wife and a joyful homeschooling Mom of two wonderful boys. I tutor during the school term as I work a part time job and work on my associates degree in nutrition. I make time to regularly exercise and savor healthy, mostly whole, traditional foods. I've discovered so much by observing, reading, and studying.

Life has not always been pleasant. I have had struggles same as most everyone else. At times I felt so broken. Faith, family, and friends helped me overcome with joy. So, here I am: grateful, joyful, blessed!

This blog journals my continued journey: physical, scholastic, homeschooling, personal growth, etc... Maybe my journey will encourage you in yours.

Know your why...

"If you don't know your why, you won't do your what."

Set your goals. Also, list why you have those goals. Put both where you will see them every day.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Regrouping

I'm pleased with all I accomplished this summer and am excited about the accomplishments planned for this Fall. I confess I have digressed in the last two weeks since the change of schedules from summer to school. This did cause me to panic a bit, but I'm not going to let it redefine me, my goals or my vision. I'll just regroup and continue forward.

When I say I digressed, I mean I stopped doing anything that supported my healthy habits except my gratitude list each morning. I didn't prepare myself for the drastic schedule change. It is interesting how unraveled things become if you're not paying attention to how important the little things are. During the summer, I started the morning with several little things (note: there are links within the list and some points have two or more different links):

Each little thing on this list has an important reason for being there. Each little thing makes a difference. But all those little things add up when there are other things to do. I've been ruminating on this...after two weeks of not doing but one of those listed activities...wondering if doing all those little things makes it worth the sacrifice of time to do them. Duh. The support they give is worth every second. Taking a deep breath I remind myself that I don't have to do them every single living morning, but I do need to make sure I do them more mornings than not. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my most hectic mornings, so missing just two mornings a week isn't bad at all.

I've made some interesting discoveries this summer! I'm almost finished "Sleep Smarter" by Shawn Stevenson through Audible. I have learned so very much and will be working on incorporating what I have learned. I have just started "The Power of When" by Dr. Michael Breus through Audible. He has a chronotype quiz that I found to be quite illuminating! You should definitely take the test and check out the book! I'm a Dolphin. The explanations of this chronotype are spot on and I'm eager to practice the recommendations for this chronotype. Yep, something else to do in my already busy week, but I'm not looking for a quick fix from a powdered mix, a miracle wrap or pill, or several prescriptions. I am looking to transform my life...to metamorphosis...to change with life as I experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment