The only impossible journey is the one you never begin. -Anthony Robbins

This is my journey...

I find myself in a blessed place...a happy place. I, by no means, have arrived. I am enjoying the journey. This blog is a culmination of what I have learned and am learning still.

I am a gratefully spoiled wife and a joyful homeschooling Mom of two wonderful boys. I tutor during the school term as I work a part time job and work on my associates degree in nutrition. I make time to regularly exercise and savor healthy, mostly whole, traditional foods. I've discovered so much by observing, reading, and studying.

Life has not always been pleasant. I have had struggles same as most everyone else. At times I felt so broken. Faith, family, and friends helped me overcome with joy. So, here I am: grateful, joyful, blessed!

This blog journals my continued journey: physical, scholastic, homeschooling, personal growth, etc... Maybe my journey will encourage you in yours.

Know your why...

"If you don't know your why, you won't do your what."

Set your goals. Also, list why you have those goals. Put both where you will see them every day.

Sunday, January 8, 2017

This Week's Healthy Tidbits....

I'm constantly coming across healthy bits of information that I find fascinating, helpful and that I want to somehow add into my routine as I read and listen to audible books and podcasts. This week I heard the most fascinating things!

Did you know that by drinking 16-17 ounces of water in one full swoop you are kicking off water induced thermogenesis. This means drinking it down...you know, like you fill your glass with 2 cups of water and stand there and drink it...or sit there,if you wish, but this is not your leisurely sip over an hour's time. Studies show a metabolic rate increase of 30% begins within just 10 minutes of drinking 500ml (16.5 oz) of water! Doing this 3 times a day will burn 200kj (48kcal) a day. This was compared to taking 50mg of ephedrine 3 times a day to burn 320kj (74kcal). That's a pretty awesome comparison! Water is some pretty amazing stuff! I'd much rather have it in my body then ephedrine! (1) Shawn Stevenson recommends drinking 24 ounces of water first thing in the morning. He calls it an "inner bath". (2) It's pretty cool that doing this in the morning not only rehydrates water lost during sleep through respiration and puts us on track for good hydration for the day, but this also amps up our metabolism! All through the power of water!

Another very interesting tidbit I learned this week was that the majority of our weight loss occurs through breathing! Can you believe it! There are studies to prove it! (3) I first heard this from one of my favorite podcasts.  Now if that doesn't encourage you to get to be doing those activities that really make you breathe, I don't know what will! And, don't forget to do deep breathing meditations! Those deep cleansing breaths are way more powerful than we thought!

Later this week I was reading an article about how toothpastes are really not healthy for your teeth. I  pretty much agree, but I don't always remember to buy Young Living's Thieves toothpaste so I will grab whatever at the grocery store. Anyway, I finished the article and did some research and found this wonderful recipe for tooth powder by Wellness Mama. This is something I really want to try. While I do like to shop locally, I am thankful I can find the bentonite clay, calcium powder, and peppermint leaf online.

This week I also read two books by Dr Kellyann Petrucci about the healing power of bone broth. It's encouraged me to make sure to have a cup or two of it daily. I'll more than likely share more on bone broth another time.

One more thing that I've taken another peek at this week had to do with Anna Cabeca's Acid or Alkaline and Why I Should Care. I got her pH and Keto app. She has keto and pH test strips available on her site. I've also looked at  Keto and pH test strips on Amazon.

These are just a few bits of the information that I've been mulling over this week. I hope you'll find it helpful on your healthy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment