Groggy...achy joints or achy body... aggravating sniffles...reoccurring bouts of diarrhea...cycles of headaches or migraines...weight gain or loss without a change in diet...eczema, adult acne or mysterious skin rashes...
These things take us to our doctor or practitioner. We want to know what is going on. We want it to have a name so we can attack it at its roots and feel better. We just want to feel better. So, we get our diagnosis with its proper multi syllabic name. We are given the prescription for the pill that is going to make it go away. Finally, we are going to feel better. We look forward to it. Or, maybe we are told that things are just wearing out. That happens as we get older. But there is a prescription to help deal with the symptoms of aging. Feeling better. We just want to feel better. Is this all there is? Do we just have to deal with taking a prescription or feeling this way until we give up this mortal clay?
Just so you know: The information shared in this blog is not meant to be used to treat or diagnose any condition. Information shared in this blog is not meant to take the place of the advice of your doctor or practitioner. I am not a medical doctor...I don't even play one on tv...I'm a nutritionist working on my Masters of Science degree in Nutrition and Body Biomechanics. I share information but YOU are responsible for your own health and the decisions you make regarding your own health.
There just might be another choice! It is often overlooked by the doctors we trust to give us the best information. Good doctors who really do know what they're doing. Nutrition. I don't mean the many diet plans you've used over the years. I am talking nutrition.
Nutrition: nu·tri·tion /n(y)o͞oˈtriSH(ə)n/ noun the process of taking in food and using it for growth, metabolism, and repair. We think of food as our fuel. However, food is more than that. It is our nourishment. Maybe we should rethink our definition of food. When you think of food, what do you think of? What do you include in that definition? Go ahead and take a minute to make a list.
If food is fuel, then we can say there is good and bad fuel. If food is nourishment, then we have to eliminate some things that we call food that provide no nourishment and can actually cause our bodies harm. Certain "foods" can make us sick. Often these "foods" are addicting. Certain foods are medicine...healing, nourishing medicine. This type of food is delicious, filling and life giving to the body!
There are many people who have been diagnosed with auto immune disorders and illnesses to which they've been told would be life long issues that would require constant medicine to deal with symptoms. Many of these people have turned their thinking to their diets. By choosing food...nourishing food, they've overcome these life long ailments and are feeling better. Not just better! Feeling great!
My own experience in my mid twenties receiving a diagnosis of arthritis due to benign hypermobility (I couldn't turn door knobs, walk at the end of the day and had constant, sharp pain whether moving or being still) and migraines (weekly, often 3-4 days in length) left me with the understanding that this was a life long state of being and it would only get worse. I had prescriptions that left me feeling weird, out of it, incapable of performing simple tasks after taking them, and messed with my stomach. I took a step back from this diagnosis and its remedies. I changed my diet and it changed me. Within weeks my pain diminished to nearly non-existent and the migraines dropped down to one day a month. I felt great! Then, after a few years, extremely stressful long term situations arose and my eating habits digressed. The results were adrenal fatigue and thyroid issues. I changed my diet and felt better. This time the journey to healing is going to take longer. But, it is worth every step. I still have my moments when I'll choose for whatever reason (birthday, holiday, moment of weakness) to eat food that has a negative reaction on my body. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever learn...smh, but this is a journey and I'm not perfect.
I have learned that there is so much more to the relationship between my body and the food I give it. Disciplines of diet impact our bodies in the most unique, fascinating and definitive ways. How good do I want to feel? How healthy do I want to be? What paradigm of health do I want to live my life in? What about you?
The only impossible journey is the one you never begin. -Anthony Robbins
This is who I am....
This is my journey...
I find myself in a blessed place...a happy place. I, by no means, have arrived. I am enjoying the journey. This blog is a culmination of what I have learned and am learning still.
I am a gratefully spoiled wife and a joyful homeschooling Mom of two wonderful boys. I tutor during the school term as I work a part time job and work on my associates degree in nutrition. I make time to regularly exercise and savor healthy, mostly whole, traditional foods. I've discovered so much by observing, reading, and studying.
Life has not always been pleasant. I have had struggles same as most everyone else. At times I felt so broken. Faith, family, and friends helped me overcome with joy. So, here I am: grateful, joyful, blessed!
This blog journals my continued journey: physical, scholastic, homeschooling, personal growth, etc... Maybe my journey will encourage you in yours.
I am a gratefully spoiled wife and a joyful homeschooling Mom of two wonderful boys. I tutor during the school term as I work a part time job and work on my associates degree in nutrition. I make time to regularly exercise and savor healthy, mostly whole, traditional foods. I've discovered so much by observing, reading, and studying.
Life has not always been pleasant. I have had struggles same as most everyone else. At times I felt so broken. Faith, family, and friends helped me overcome with joy. So, here I am: grateful, joyful, blessed!
This blog journals my continued journey: physical, scholastic, homeschooling, personal growth, etc... Maybe my journey will encourage you in yours.
Know your why...
"If you don't know your why, you won't do your what."
Set your goals. Also, list why you have those goals. Put both where you will see them every day.
Set your goals. Also, list why you have those goals. Put both where you will see them every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment