I called myself an anti-vaxxer proudly. I didn't get walk up to a podium and announce it. I confidently gave that description when asked. After more research, continued learning and growth, I confidently take on the title of non-vaxxer.
I have received my share of negative comments in response to my opinion. But for the most part, in my circle of community, even those with differing opinions are open-minded. I think that would be because I don't behave as if my opinion is the only, all-powerful, God-appointed, and enlightened fact. It is my conviction. My choice. My strong belief to handle this matter in this way. When my boys are adults, they can decide for themselves if they want to get vaccinated and if they will follow the CDC's recommended vaccination schedule with their own children
Here are two podcasts with good information that can be a helpful introduction into why I made my informed choice. I wish I had had this information back 16 years ago, but I'm glad it's available now. It is affirming to me. I hope it will help others make their decisions, even if it's different from mine.
Blessings on your journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment